Normalize URLs makes your blog to play more nicely the HTTP standards regarding URLs. Dual Mode Plugin, can be used as a standard Plugin or as a Must-Use Plugin.
This plugin fixes multiple problems at once. It does so by normalizing every request that is send into your blog so that the different areas like canonical URLs, Permalinks and third party plugins directly benefit from more consistency.
- Fixes various problems at once.
- Makes your blog more compatible with HTTP, the protocol for any Website.
- Full HTTP 1.0/1.1 compliance.
- No need for you to wait for core updates.
- Even 3.0.1 will not fix all of the problems this plugin fixes.
- #14347 – URLs are not handeled properly (Fixed by this Plugin)
- #14292 – loop in tags url to same url (Fixed by this Plugin)
- #14201 – Canonical redirect kicks in in case of category/tag base containing other chars then a-z, 0-9, _ and – (Partially fixed by this Plugin, “we’re working on it”)
- #10249 – Page slug in cyrillic = Error 404 – Not Found! (related Ticket)
|1.1||21 Jul 2010||Bugfix Release (Download)|
|1.0||21 Jul 2010||Initial Release (Download)|
|-/-||21 Jul 2010||Setting up SVN|
|-/-||20 Jul 2010||Incubation Process|
Better HTTP Redirects Plugin – Make your blog more compatible regarding HTTP redirects.